Since 14 October 2010, Telecentre-Europe is a Non-Profit International Association established as an AISBL (Association Internationale Sans But Lucratif) based in Brussels, Belgium.
Goal & activities
The main goal of Telecentre-Europe AISBL is to increase the impact, effectiveness and profile of its members, and thereby improve the quality of life, employability and social and civic participation of the citizens they serve.
The principal activities that Telecentre-Europe AISBL carry out are:
- Promote the exchange and sharing of resources, skills, competences and knowledge between its members.
- Promote and defend the collective interests of its members to institutional and private stakeholders, and policy makers.
- Support and inform its members in all matters of an administrative, operational or technical nature.
- Respond to European and international calls for projects in the interests of its members.
- Organize international events, such as conferences, conventions, seminars, workshops or symposiums related to the scope and goal of the association.
- Contract with members for the delivery of projects or activities related to the scope and goal of the association.
- Distribute funding for example through the issuing of grants for projects or activities related to the scope and goal of the association.
- Commission, undertake, or participate in research related to the scope and goal of the association.
- Support the development and the implementation of European, regional or global information society, technology or other societal policies.
- Help governments, institutions and agencies to understand the needs of citizens with regards to digital skills and competences.
- Hold reserves to carry out actions related to the scope and goal of the association.
Telecentre-Europe AISBL is governed by an elected board, and formed by:
- Mara Jakobsone | Latvian Information and Communication Technology Association (LIKTA), Latvia | Chair
- Ivan Stojilovic | International Aid Network (IAN), Serbia | Deputy Chair
- Zarko Cizmar | Telecentar Zagreb, Croatia
- Gabriela Barna | Educating for an Open Society Foundation (EOS), Romania
- Juan Francisco Delgado | Association of Community Telecentres Network, Spain
- Gitte Olsen | The Association of Danish Senior Citizens , Denmark
- Sven Weber | Stiftung Digitale Chancen, Germany
The Board is being advised by a wider group of experts in a number of areas from a number of organisations from within the network and beyond. The Board is currently supported in its activities by following staff members:
- Gabriel Rissola, Spain | Managing Director
- Laurentiu Bunescu, Romania | Operations Manager
- Lize De Clercq, Spain | Communications Manager
- Peter Palvolgyi, Belgium | Financial Officer